PCB etching guides
hebrew video guide
how to transfer drawing=
this is like a thermal transfer paper (press-n-peel) made at home using nothing more then corn starch heated till brown and boild in water. you then print your design stright on a dextrin coated paper and heat press to your copper. got to try,,,
- verbal text
topoR / how to route like a
if you have been doing manually routing , your doing it wrong. check topoR.
Work on a flexible topological router began in 1988, when it became clear that the traditional methods of routing with regular and irregular grids (grid-based routers and shape-based routers) and consecutive wiring with locked-down geometry were a dead-end solution.
topoR lite is strictly a windows app. on linux/arch64 i tried wine but it messed the gui and was non operational. i now run it on a lite edition of winxp
- whats the llimitation of the lite/free versions of topoR
seems the limits are up to 125 nets and 8 signal layers.
- What's the input/output from topoR ?
topoR doesnt have schematic capture module. it works based on input from supported formats
- P-CAD 2000-2006—through the ASCII PCB format
- Altium Designer—through the ASCII PCB format
- Cadence OrCad—through the .dsn format
- Mentor Graphics Expedition—through .hkp files
- Mentor Graphics PADS—PADS ASCII PCB (for versions from PowerPCB V3.5 to PADS Layout V2005.2)
- DipTrace—through the ASCII PCB format
- Proteus ARES—through the .dsn (.edf) format
- Eagle—through the .brd and .dsn formats
- KiCad—through the .dsn format
- CADint—through the .dsn format
- Pulsonix—through the .dsn format
- Can it export back
Yes. The program supports import and export of the following file formats:
- PCAD ASCII PCB versions 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006
- PADS ASCII PCB versions 3.5, 4.0, 5.0, 2005.0
- DSN/SES (SPECCTRA, Electra)
In addition, DXF output is possible for interchange wit or use it to generate the GERBER files the PCB house expect
- can you do manual fixes within topoR?
it has great manual routing capabilities.
including interactive wire/via pushing, impedance matching etc.
alternative PCB modes
gerber to Gcode
hey, thanks to all how came to the first PCB workshop.
here is an eagle-pack with a collection of libraries and scripts that are nice to have. add this paths to options>Directories. you can safely replace the stock directories with this ones.
about scripting abilities of EAGLE
- guides and syntax color for np++ - here
- MOVE group by x -0.5 y -0.5
mov (C> 0 0) (R -0.5 -0.5)
which moves the group selected by clicking at (0,0) by a relative distance of (-0.5,-0.5), stuff like that. It’s even quicker than clicking buttons with the mouse – if I want to change track widths, I just type “ch wi 20” which CHanges the WIdth to 20 units, and then start clicking. from a hackaday comment
COPY group by x 900 y 0
cop (C> 0 0) (R 900 0)
this script offers a GUI to panelizev (duplicate) your design - rar link