Difference between revisions of "ESP8266 Oded's log"
|Line 89:||Line 89:|
Latest revision as of 08:46, 7 October 2015
Here are some links and documentation of what i've been doing
1. ESP requires it's own 3.3V supply .If you try to connect if to Arduino or the FTDI's 3.3v it doesn't work. it seems to draw 0.1a on my 5V power supply monitor - i ran it through a voltage regulator set to 3.3v
someone recomended i buyt this to use Arduino's 5v to communicate http://www.electrodragon.com/product/logic-level-converter-bi-directional-v2/ http://www.electrodragon.com/product/3-3v5v-logic-level-converter/
i used this regulator for the VCC and use a 3.3v FTDI https://www.fairchildsemi.com/datasheets/LM/LM350.pdf
2. I'm trying to set it up with an HTTP interface so i can control a led.
on windows it required me to run python and LUA and stuff i didn't care to install on a PC that i'm also using for other stuff also most of the flashing instructions are for linux. the HTTP server code require complation on linux with some special gcc. the instructions assume ubuntu.
this page is about building https://github.com/esp8266/esp8266-wiki/wiki/Building and this is about the tools https://github.com/esp8266/esp8266-wiki/wiki/Toolchain
3. i'm not entirely sure whats this https://github.com/themadinventor/esptool
. here are some links
this is the ESP wiki https://github.com/esp8266/esp8266-wiki
some guys is blogging abotu ESP http://scargill.wordpress.com/category/esp8266/
forum with instructions about the HTTP server http://www.esp8266.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=376&hilit=httpd and git to it : http://git.spritesserver.nl/esphttpd.git/
a flashing program https://github.com/nodemcu/nodemcu-flasher
not sure what this is or how it's relevant http://www.souliss.net/
this are instructions to control something called WS2812 RGB LEDs his code might be useful for controlling other things.
5. Frank Bolton said something about a LUA firmware that has an HTTP code for ESP8266. need to find out more detials.
```lua -- A simple http server srv=net.createServer(net.TCP) srv:listen(80,function(conn) conn:on("receive",function(conn,payload) print(payload) conn:send("<h1> Hello, NodeMcu.</h1>") end) conn:on("sent",function(conn) conn:close() end) end)
i think he meant this
6. Ilan Klein referred me to this http://neilkolban.com/tech/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/The-ESP8266-Book-August-2015.pdf
I'm going to start exploring using ArduinoIDE to program ESP