ok the idea is this we get motion to output a 16x16px ico file to us as dynamic low fps favicon for space.telavivmakers.com so people can know by the color of the favicon if there is someone in house.
there are a few methods of saving pictures with motion, the easiest is just timelapsing every n seconds.
- Make automated snapshot every N seconds (default 0 = disabled)
- Command to be executed when a picture (.ppm|.jpg) is saved (default none)
- To give the filename as an argument to a command append it with %f
add this to the space.telavivmkaers.org header file
<link rel="icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" /> <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />
so what i need is to run a script to
1. downscale the 640x480 jpg to 16x16png 2. convert to .ico icon file (using png2ico ?) 3. 9. clear the /tmp/pictures folder (we are low on space on the wr703)
Convertion of camera captured image to icon
Using imagemagic with the exclamation mark used to allow changes of aspect ratio - capture is 640x480 (4:3) and icon is 16x16 (1:1). Backslash used to quote against special meaning of exclamation mark (in most/all shells?):
- convert input-image.jpg -resize 16x16\! favicon.ico
Need to tell server not to cache either image:
- Server returned headers to HTTP GET request:
- Pragma: No-cache
- HTML side?
- or use the trick where we change the url all the time so the browser has to do a new fetch (by appending #blabla to it, which is ignored by the server)