original body came from a MYDIYCNC that was left on a beach.
now try the software side.
z stepper motor is broken - nema17 replacement need to install.
- connect the dremel to the RAMPS board
- limit switch
- z-probe - repetier z-probing
Repertier-Host (git) is used for firmware and optionally for controlling software. Version 0.9 (current on fedora 21) isn't good enough. But [pronsole (printrun) works fine, so does this python snippet: (using pyserial only, and very basic gcode gleened from pronsole source):
import serial s = serial.Serial('
$ cat rectral.py import serial s = serial.Serial(port='/dev/ttyACM0', baudrate=250000) d = [('X', 1), ('Y', 1), ('X', -1), ('Y', -1)] l = [100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 1000, 1100] for le in l: for axis, direc in d: s.write('G%s%s F3000\n' % (axis, direc * le))
comes with a configure tool and support for ramps/ATMEGA2560
did a test with the jog and it works.
all data can be found on glassroom pc at d:/cnc
including used firmware
on hold one of the popular firmware for controlling stepper drivers and parsing G-CODE
- compile and upload -https://github.com/grbl/grbl/wiki/Compiling-Grbl
- connecting to an MCU - https://github.com/grbl/grbl/wiki/Connecting-Grbl
- machine manual, good mostly for historical, mechanical design