Difference between revisions of "New members"
From TAMIJump to navigationJump to search
(→How to Join: - bump suggested member fee, update)
Latest revision as of 22:49, 9 June 2021
- see here לעברית
- A key. Only paying members get the key of the space & may stay there alone.
- Voting rights. Voting is not promoted, as we prefer a consensus process, a.k.a humming
- Any deviation from the above is reserved to the consideration of the members.
TAMI Is ...
- A Do-ocracy.
- That means whoever's doing something is the person who decides how it gets done. If you want to do something, you can basically Just Fucking Do It.
- An organization of individuals doing their own thing.
- TAMI doesn't do anything besides pay the bills. Any group projects, building/planning new space facilities, etc. all gets done because an ordinary member thought it was important, got people excited about it, and followed through.
- Entirely run by volunteers.
- Our Board of Directors, Area Hosts, people offering training on the equipment, and anyone who looks like they're doing anything remotely official are all volunteers. That means if you ask them nicely for something they'll probably help you, but you should do what you can to make their job easier.
How to Join
You can join by following the steps , which are, in short:
- Pay your dues, 300 ILS/month or as much as you can afford.
- Read our Policy page.
- Visit TAMI to get your key, best sync with a member first via chat / forum.
First steps as a new member
All of these are optional ways you can get involved at TAMI.
- Join the main chat channel (currently Telegram, chat join link)
- Introduce yourself through the forum.
- Ask a member for help using some tool / thing in TAMI, best via chat / forum.
- Attend an upcoming event, as of Jun. 2021 best discovered via chat history / asking.
- Bring your project over and get to know some of the people involved.
- Open a wiki account and help the next new member find his way better!