- no progress on plugin yet
- greasemonkey actually easier to install then I thought
- working plugin, create only: https://github.com/alon/annotator-store-neo4j/blob/development/HOWTO_INSTALL_FOR_DEMO
- next steps: stop working on plugin? amir fixing up update & delete, and search (the only thing requiring python still)
- right now python (the minimal search implementation) is running on my digital ocean instance at 184.108.40.206
- me look at neo4j and see how to store multiple independent (separate) databases in it
- possible without security by just having multiple trees, no additional parameter required because of how cypher queries are always starting from a given node.
- but for actual security you want separate instances with different database names and authentication. (well, actually that depends on the authentication mechanism, so the logic is reversed)
AlonLevy (talk) 18:30, 1 April 2014 (UTC) Making a restartless extension for firefox is a breeze: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/SDK/Tutorials/Getting_started
Some notes on the packaging:
- anything under data is packaged automatically
- if you want to split main.js to multiple scripts place them in the same directory (possibly subdirs work too, didn't check) and make sure to require them, then they are packaged automatically.
- test via 'cfx xpi' and 'unzip -t annotator-rhizi.xpi'
Added uri into annotation by modifing the create callback in annotator-store-plugin data.uri = document.location.href
- window or document?
- In the process of killing python server
- In the process of finding out how to create a popup without changing focus (amir used jquery)
- TODO: switch to a plugin, then we won't have the problem of popup avoidance.