Difference between revisions of "TLV3D"
|Line 68:||Line 68:|
= Map Stitching =
= Map Stitching =
Revision as of 06:30, 26 January 2014
The idea - to map TLV in 3D using any means possible.
We maintain the data on official TAMI superclusters and release it as emperors of the digital realm.
Alon translation: open data map of Tel Aviv (same license as openstreetmaps).
what already exists
Under open licenses (CC / other)
http://openslam.org/ seems to be parking space for slam projects - so far haven't found any full solutions here.
point cloud library http://docs.pointclouds.org/trunk/a02944.html
Other not open licenses
metroscape has 3d models of a few tens of bldgs in tlv
- requires windows/mac for the plugin, and no download link for any model (STL/other). -- Alon
googleearth has also a few tens of tlv buildings
will google come and nail it all down ? if we scoop them we get to ride in the google helicopter.
The 3d scanners such as mantis and kinect are apparently not set up for long ranges like 10-50m which is what we're after to get buildings. Satellite photos probably are not of help here due to shallow angles and probable closed source-ness. A quadcopter may be of use but would take massive time and batteries. Rough order of magnitude of the problem:
one street every 50m
about 20km^2 of area in TLV
--> 800 km of street in TLV
--> a car / bike mounted 3d scanner is needed.
from several cameras with known relative angles and baseline, reconstruct 3d info using known algorithms
try to obtain 3d info from a large-ified kinect hack
it is possible to build a massive structured light rig, using a 3000+ ansi projector and a DSLR.
see here > https://code.google.com/p/structured-light/
stereo (camera + laser, use parallex) maker scanner
an opensource diy scanner here
Time of Flight
Cheap LiDARs (relatively) @Hokuyo
- 10m distance (this model, there are others, maybe 30m? also indoors/outdoors differs)
VL6180 by ST.
Structure from Motion (SfM)
Not necessarily with an IMU, just a camera.
- VisualSFM http://ccwu.me/vsfm/
- Bundler http://ccwu.me/vsfm/
- libmv, looks defunct http://ccwu.me/vsfm/
- Python photogrametry toolbox http://www.arc-team.homelinux.com/arcteam/ppt.php
- open multiple view geometry library http://ccwu.me/vsfm/
- http://www.ptgreystore.com/ - mighty expensive (650$ for USB 3.0 camera, but 64x64 350 fps is interesting - although not for this :)
Monocular is a code word for a single camera, here is a list of algorithms, software has still not been tested.
Input is a bunch of camera images, offline or online (we don't need online, but a lot of the algorithms are developed for real time augmented reality applications).
Google: SLAM with camera