nezt steps in bio research for myself. soil bacteria is a good start. also how to measure various bacyeria concentrations at home. how does diabetis vlood glucose level tests work. diy blood tssts and all of the above.
check opening positions in tau and cs medical labs cannabis research
Keep me on top lifemap sciences company
Sitting considered bad for your health
- Scientific American article on exercise with mention of sitting issue at the end. Bassuk & Church & Manson.
Fucking awesome (tid bit from T2Med)
- case design
- battery ordering
- emacspeak setup
- bluetooth headset
- hub in the case
- battery replacable
- easy to open case without tools
- twiddler usage
- F20 install
- battery any good?
- Tabspace layout: http://rhodesmill.org/brandon/projects/tabspace-guide.pdf
- Learning to type on the Twiddler keyboard - http://sencjw.com/blog.html
- Twiddler user guide from Handy Key (manufacturer): http://handykey.com/docs/Twiddler_userguide_1-7.pdf
- Typing Injury FAQ page on chording keyboards http://www.tifaq.org/keyboards/chording-keyboards.html
- BlueTwiddler - designing a twiddler for the future: http://www.technofetish.net/mike/btwiddler/ubcomp1-composite.pdf
This should be a lecture in TAMI
NLP and Graph analysis of articles
- http://paperscape.org/ - 900k~ Arxiv.
http://seat61.com - trains in europe.
Android data backup
Not working for some reason on 4.0.4 Xperia:
- ./adb backup -apk -shared -all -f test.ab
- doesn't pop open a dialog on the device like it is supposed to, just says "Now unlock your device and confirm the backup operation."
- perhaps i am using a too old adt-bundle? downloading http://dl.google.com/android/adt/adt-bundle-linux-x86_64-20130729.zip
- all data backup utilities require root
- getting root is a pain in the ass, and I am trying to avoid it
- also there is a new firmware for the device that I've avoided downloading (4.2 based)
- current specs (settings->device):
- 3.0.8+ BuildUser@BuildHost #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Oct 15 14:57:07 2012
- *#06# shows IMEI.
This will require rooting, "adb logcat" showed the backup confirm dialog was being blocked. google results: ("Unable to launch full backup confirmation")
Another dead end: $ ./adb -d shell
1|shell@android:/ $ run-as com.sonyericsson.notes run-as: Package 'com.sonyericsson.notes' is not debuggable
This actually worked!
- ./adb pull /data/system/packages.list
Sadly, this didn't result in anything (except proving the directory exists):
- cat packages.list | grep notes
com.sonyericsson.notes 10170 0 /data/data/com.sonyericsson.notes
- ./adb pull /data/data/com.sonyericsson.notes/
You can get the same data via dumpstate
- ./adb shell dumpstate 2>&1 | less
Another thing that seemingly works:
$ ./adb shell bmgr list transports * com.google.android.backup/.BackupTransportService android/com.android.internal.backup.LocalTransport
$ ./adb shell bmgr transport android/com.android.internal.backup.LocalTransport $ ./adb shell bmgr backup com.sonyericsson.notes
Fedora / Windows interoperability sucks
Samba installation in gnome is hard to get right.
Creating a single share for a windows xp computer.
Get for Dad
5V and 12V AC/DC converters, anything we have to spare.
Aubrey De Grey, Again
Geek Con 2013
qemu - systemtap
- This might be more generic then qemu
Open Muni Budget
- quickstart - http://open-budget.readthedocs.org/en/latest/quickstart.html
MediaGoblin (move to correct page)
- make this easy to use for members?
- or just fix piwigo
DHT, Distributed Routing
- http://arxiv.org/pdf/0909.2859v1.pdf -- Electric routing and concurrent flow cutting
- http://www.maymounkov.org/papers/maymounkov-kademlia-lncs.pdf - Kademlia, Distributed Hash Table.
- http://grothoff.org/christian/teaching/2011/2194/dht.pdf - The GNUnet DHT
PVC / Toxics
Eilat Jazz Festival
Hebrew mediawiki help
Use the div method
< div lang="he" dir="rtl" class="mw-content-rtl" > < /div >
Install erlyvideo, erlang based open source streaming server, can do RTMP, can broadcast to FLV.
- libreprap - cmake foo
Web frontend to a python server
Serial converter 1x5 header to RS232 connector (5 ground, 2,3 Tx/Rx or reversed).
Install. Run latency test. Check parallel port on E2130.
- researchers cataloging health plants in Israel http://www.haaretz.co.il/news/health/1.1935830